Solar Energy Pros & Cons
Learning about solar energy advantages and disadvantages is essential, especially, when you are planning to install a solar power system. Knowing the pros and cons of solar energy will be necessary before you buy and install solar panels on your property.
The balance between the benefits and drawbacks of solar energy is vital for your decision-making process. In fact, it is the key factor for people to go for solar. It also allows them to confirm if installing a solar power system is really suitable for them. In this article, we present to you the list of advantages and disadvantages that will help you balance things out concerning your solar power system.
Top 5 Solar Energy Pros and Cons
BENEFITS OF SOLAR ENERGY
DRAWBACKS OF SOLAR ENERGY
Solstrom has decade of experience in the field, installed from Solar Street Light to Solar farms of 100 MWs.
Contact our experts @ 9952054308 for best solar systems
Solar Energy Advantages
Undoubtedly, the benefits that solar energy brings can easily persuade people to go for it. Knowing these will help them weigh things for the important decision. So, we have compiled below the list of solar energy advantages.
- Source of energy (Sunlight) is readily available almost anywhere.
- It is a clean source of energy.
- It cuts down monthly electricity bills from electrical utilities.
- Solar energy helps the power suppliers in supplying the electricity demands of customers.
- It is a renewable energy source.
- This reduces our dependence on fossil fuels or oil and gas.
- It has diverse applications or uses.
- Solar power gives return on investments.
- It has low maintenance costs.
- Solar energy can be stored in batteries for later use.
- It can give you the ability to live grid-free.
- It is eco-friendly or environment-friendly.
- Solar technology enhances the value of home or building.
- PV systems have a long system life span.
- Solar industry creates more jobs and means of living.
- It promotes green advocacy of individuals or companies.
- It helps in promoting the use of electric cars and vehicles.
- The use of solar energy reduces carbon footprints or emissions.
- Solar technology is becoming more efficient and advanced year after year.
- Costs of solar panels are improving and becoming cheaper.
- Solar energy can supply power to remote areas.
- It can be used to provide shade to rooftop equipment (AC units).
- It does not produce noise or disturbances.
- A Solar PV system is easy to install.
- It can be monitored online daily or hourly.
More Solar Energy Disadvantages
Although solar power is a renewable type of energy source, it also has its own drawbacks. To be fair, we also need to write down the cons of solar energy here. People also need to see the other side of the coin. So, check out the list below for the solar energy disadvantages.
- Starting costs can be so expensive.
- Solar PV installation might require large area or space for the system setup or solar panel installation.
- Shading from trees and other buildings easily disrupts solar energy generation.
- Solar energy production is highly dependent on the weather.
- Savings from solar energy can be dependent on the cost of electricity.
- Improper installation might cause property damage.
- Improper recycling of materials can cause environmental issues.
- There is a need for a large battery bank to store solar energy to be used during night time.
- Installing solar system is not ideal for apartments.
- There is a potential for pollution to exist during the end of the system’s life.
- Some solar panels are prone to breakage due to falling debris or hail.
- There are very limited options for solar system insurance.
- Additional insurance cost for solar equipment can be expensive.
- There might be difficulty in finding expert installers.
In conclusion, going solar is definitely a huge decision to make. For people who are planning to install a solar PV system on their own homes or properties, proper research will be necessary. This will not only help them decide, but also it will let them learn about things to do and not to do when it comes to solar energy.
So, let us know in the comments section below if you have anything to add on the advantages and disadvantages of solar energy. You might also want to check more articles about solar energy here: